Nature & Scope:
St. Luke’s Anglican Church and Community Centre (located at 3114 Dundas Street West, Oakville) exists to nurture and inspire the human spirit in each person, and to bring neighbours together as a diverse and thriving community.
This position will be the first point of contact that a caller or visitor has with our organization. At all times, they must demonstrate a warm, professional and helpful attitude. This is a volunteer position for up to 3-6 hours per week and includes weeknights.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately
- Answer and screen incoming calls
- Take and distribute messages
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Nurtures relationships among neighbours, community groups, and partners
- Ensures consistent excellence in customer service
- Undertakes cleaning when required
- Looks after keys and security
- Performs other related duties as required
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Possesses good interpersonal skills: a people-oriented person, committed to teamwork
- Behaves in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates sound judgment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Displays excellent organizational and administrative skills
Terms of Employment
- This position includes work on Saturdays and weeknights
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check is required (applies to 18 years of age and older)
- Reference Check
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or any questions.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. St. Luke’s Anglican Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities for all vacancies. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.