A Word from One is a Word from All
We promised we will keep everyone up to date with Diocesan News and things happening within our community.
We would also invite you to visit the Anglican Church of Canada’s Website and read Primate Linda’s message:
We know that our time apart may be awhile. It has been asked if we could put together a small team of a few people, who would be willing to do some grocery shopping to help those in our parish who are either in self-isolation or are not able to go out at this time.
We are asking two things:
- Are willing to be a shopper, if you are please contact Rev. Garfield, Gemma, Margie or me.
- Are you in need of shopping to be done? If you are in need, please contact Rev. Garfield, Gemma, Margie or me.
How would this work?
You can email your grocery list to your designated shopper. They will let you know when they are coming and drop groceries off at either your front or back door. Whichever you prefer. Money can then be repaid to the shopper either by a cheque or an e-transfer.
Please let us know if you need anything. I do not wish anyone to stress about groceries or supplies. Please remember we are here for you and you are not alone.
Giving During this Stressful Time
There are many, many reasons to consider your church giving during this time of crisis.
- Because God is good, and we are thankful.
- As an antidote to the human urge to be anxious about scarcity and to hoard and hunker down as a result.
- Because we want to prevent a gap in this year’s ministry support for the parish because of cancelled in-person gatherings.
- To ensure the church has the funds to support parishioners.
- To provide for reserve funds to cushion the inevitable effects of investment losses upon the budget now and in the future.
Ways to continue Giving:
- Mail a Cheque. You are welcome to make a gift by mailing a cheque to us. Please ensure you sanitize your hands before writing the cheque and touching the envelope. Please do not lick the envelope, rather use a cloth or sponge to dampen the envelope. Our address is St. Luke’s Anglican Church Palermo, 3114 Dundas St. West, Oakville, Ontario L6M 4J31
- You can do e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org have the security question as follows: Question: What is my name? and the Answer needs to be: 3114
- For an opportunity to make an online one-time or repeating gift by credit card visit our webpage at: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/108099771RR0089-st-lukes-anglican-church/#donate-now-pane or our Diocesan webpage at: https://niagaraanglican.ca/parish/st-luke-oakville
- Use the preauthorized payment form below, which you can fill out and mail directly to the Diocese.
Thank you for remembering St. Luke’s during this most challenging time. In God’s generous love, we will get through this together.
Take Care and God Bless.